Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Springfield, IL
Personal Injury Claims Springfield, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Springfield and greater Southern Illinois area. It is crucial for victims to get legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact Drummond Law now for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Springfield, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s crucial to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Springfield, IL, cases:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Springfield personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to reach out to a local Springfield claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Springfield, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Springfield injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Springfield, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Springfield, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Springfield, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Springfield. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Springfield claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Springfield victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Springfield, IL, are available 24/7.