Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Carlinville, IL
Personal Injury Claims Carlinville, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Carlinville and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to get legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact our attorneys today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Carlinville, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Carlinville, IL, cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Carlinville personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to contact a local Carlinville claims attorney ASAP if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Carlinville, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Carlinville injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Carlinville, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver ignores a red light and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Carlinville, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Carlinville, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Carlinville. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm now.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Carlinville claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Carlinville victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Carlinville, IL, are available 24/7.