Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Hillsboro, IL
Personal Injury Claims Hillsboro, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Hillsboro and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to get legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact Drummond Law now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Hillsboro, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s critical to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Hillsboro, IL, cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Hillsboro personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Hillsboro claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Hillsboro, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Hillsboro injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Hillsboro, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Hillsboro, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Hillsboro. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Hillsboro claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We are glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Hillsboro victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Hillsboro, IL, are available 24/7.