Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Herrin, IL
Personal Injury Claims Herrin, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Herrin and greater Southern Illinois area. It is crucial for victims to get legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact us now for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Herrin, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s crucial to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Herrin, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Herrin personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Herrin claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Herrin, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Herrin injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Herrin, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Herrin, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Herrin, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Herrin. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Herrin claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Herrin victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Herrin, IL, are available 24/7.