Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Chesterfield, IL
Personal Injury Claims Chesterfield, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Chesterfield and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to get legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Chesterfield, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is important to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Chesterfield, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Chesterfield personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It is vital for families to reach out to a local Chesterfield claims attorney ASAP if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Chesterfield, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Chesterfield injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Chesterfield, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Chesterfield, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Chesterfield, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Chesterfield. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Chesterfield claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team right away. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Chesterfield victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Chesterfield, IL, are available 24/7.