Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Shipman, IL
Personal Injury Claims Shipman, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Shipman and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact us now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Shipman, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Shipman, IL, claims:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Shipman personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to contact a local Shipman claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Shipman, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Shipman injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Shipman, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Shipman, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Shipman, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about injury cases in Shipman. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm today.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Shipman claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Shipman victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Shipman, IL, are available 24/7.