Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Carbondale, IL
Personal Injury Claims Carbondale, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Carbondale and greater Southern Illinois area. It is important for victims to get legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact our attorneys now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Carbondale, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s essential to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Carbondale, IL, claims:
- The majority of injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Carbondale personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to contact a local Carbondale claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Carbondale, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Carbondale injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Carbondale, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Carbondale, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Carbondale, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about injury claims in Carbondale. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm today.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Carbondale claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Carbondale victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Carbondale, IL, are available 24/7.