Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Jasper County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Jasper County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Jasper County and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact Drummond Law today for more information and a free consultation. Our Jasper County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is important to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Jasper County, IL, cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Jasper County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s crucial for families to contact a local Jasper County claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Jasper County, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Jasper County injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Jasper County, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Jasper County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Jasper County, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Jasper County. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Jasper County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Jasper County victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Jasper County, IL, are available 24/7.