Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Filmore, IL
Personal Injury Claims Filmore, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Filmore and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Filmore, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is important to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Filmore, IL, claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Filmore personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to reach out to a local Filmore claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Filmore, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Filmore injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Filmore, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Filmore, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Filmore, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Filmore. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Filmore claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Filmore victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Filmore, IL, are available 24/7.