Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Clayton, MO
Personal Injury Claims Clayton, MO. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Clayton and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact our attorneys today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Clayton, MO, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s crucial to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Clayton, MO, claims:
- Most injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Clayton personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It is very important for families to contact a local Clayton claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Clayton, MO, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Clayton injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Clayton, MO, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Clayton, MO, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Clayton, MO | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Clayton. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Clayton claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Clayton victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Clayton, MO, are available 24/7.