Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Medora, IL
Personal Injury Claims Medora, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Medora and greater Southern Illinois area. It is important for victims to get legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact us today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Medora, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is important to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Medora, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Medora personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It is very important for families to reach out to a local Medora claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Medora, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Medora injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Medora, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Medora, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it is to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Medora, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about injury claims in Medora. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm now.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Medora claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Medora victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Medora, IL, are available 24/7.