Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Calhoun County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Calhoun County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Calhoun County and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a free consultation. Our Calhoun County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Calhoun County, IL, claims:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Calhoun County personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Calhoun County claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Calhoun County, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Calhoun County injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Calhoun County, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Calhoun County, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Calhoun County. Here are a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Calhoun County claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Calhoun County victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, are available 24/7.