Work Comp Attorney in Tazewell, IL
Work Comp Attorney in Tazewell, IL. When unsafe work conditions result in an illness or a work injury, it’s within your rights to seek the benefits necessary to cover providing for yourself and your family|If you ever get hurt on the job, it’s your right to seek compensation so that you can continue to keep the lights on and put food on the table for you and your family; however, the workers’ compensation process is oftentimes complicated no matter what part of the country you call home. Any misstep you take could result in your employer or the insurance company denying your claim.
At Drummond Law, our work comp attorneys want to help take you through every phase of the process. We can fill out crucial paperwork on your behalf, facilitate communication with all parties involved, and negotiate with the insurance company and your employer for just and fair compensation.
If you’ve been hurt on the job and need assistance with any issues relating to a work comp claim, speak with a work comp attorney in Tazewell, IL, at Drummond Law now. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free document review.
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim With the Help of a Work Comp Attorney in Tazewell, IL
Injuries can result from either one single traumatic event (such as a slip and fall, electrocution, machine-related accident, etc.) or they can develop over time (such as toxic exposure, repetitive trauma, etc.) Both types of injuries are equally valid and equally meriting of compensation.
No work injury is ever insignificant, and you should never minimize them. As soon as you are injured at work, time is of the essence. You need to explore your options for filing a workers’ compensation claim. Here are several important steps to take:
- Tell your employer, manager or HR rep about the injury – Also, insist that they fill out an accident report. It is also good practice to send them a notice detailing the accident and the injury in writing.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can – Tell the doctor that your injury is work-related, and give him or her the name of your employer. Once you leave the treatment center, be sure to follow your physician’s instructions for medical treatment; failure to do so could hurt your claim.
- Hold on to ALL copies of past and present healthcare records – No piece of information is unimportant when it comes to your health and wellbeing.
- File an Application for Adjustment of Claim – If you feel your employer may resist paying for your treatments now or in the future, you will want to file this form.
- Ensure that your employer reports the injury to the workers’ compensation insurance company – They’ll review your claim and you will receive either an approval or contest of the claim.
- Contact a qualified work comp attorney in Tazewell, IL – Our law firm handles workers’ compensation claims against state and local government employers, private industry, and more.
Our seasoned work comp attorneys in Tazewell listen to you and believe that your injuries are legitimate. We’ll shoulder some of the burdens you face during a time that is already stressful. If you’ve been injured on the job, Drummond Law can help you get the work comp benefits you need.
Am I Eligible For Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Tazewell?
Laws differ depending on state, but in general you are entitled to workers’ compensation if you are considered a legal employee and you have been injured while performing a work-related responsibility. Statute of limitations do apply, so do not delaying in filing your claim.
Settlements for workers’ compensation claims usually include medical bills, loss of affection and income, mileage and rehabilitation reimbursement, pain and suffering, and other costs related to a workplace incident. We’re well-acquainted with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the often confusing work comp legal process, so speak with us today.
Most Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of accidents can happen when you are working somewhere for eight hours a day, five days a week. At Drummond Law, we take on cases with a variety of accident causes. Here are the most common kinds of work accidents that qualify for workmans comp.
- Falls, slips, and trips – This is the main thing many people think about in regard to a workplace accident. Injuries can result from spills, debris in walkways, poor lighting, oily surfaces, ice, and uneven walking surfaces. You may be entitled to workmans comp if you sustained one of these injuries because the employer should have taken acts to prevent this injury, such as fixing broken lights, putting proper safety signs up, non-slip mats, de-icing walkways, etc.
- Being hit by an object – This is common in physically-demanding environments with lots of machinery, including manufacturing, construction, and farming. A person can be struck by a flying, rolling, falling, or swinging object resulting in blunt-force trauma. The employer should cover this type of work injury because they had a duty to properly train employees, supply appropriate protective gear, post signs of imminent danger, etc.
- Explosions, fire, electrocution – This can result from faulty electrical outlets, open flames, gas lines, improperly-stored combustible materials, and exposed wiring. Besides the burns these cause, the injuries can include internal organ damage, respiratory issues, and in the worst cases, death.
- Vehicular accidents – These involve people who may drive for a living (such as truck drivers), those who are driving while performing a work-related task, or anyone who spends time working near machinery or other cars on the road. Whether or not this is considered a work comp or personal injury claim will depend on your specific case.
- Repetitive stress and overexertion – If your job involves a lot of throwing, lifting, carrying, pulling, holding, and pushing motions, it can lead to long-term physical harm such as lower-back injuries, chronic joint pain, carpal tunnel, muscle strain, and more. A worker might be entitled to a workers’ compensation claim because employers should provide protective gear and allow frequent breaks.
- Work-related illness – In many cases, working in an older building may expose you to asbestos which causes a rare form of cancer called mesothelioma. Other types of toxic, chemical, or illness exposures can occur in everything from corporate offices to manufacturing plants. Whether the onset of the illness took place in a short amount of time or over years, you may still be eligible for a claim.
What to Do If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Is Denied
Far too many times, employers will shirk their responsibilities when their workers get injured on the job. When this happens, you must file a Claim Petition for Workers’ Compensation benefits in court. Proving your disability or injury is often one of the most difficult components of victims’ fights for benefits, so it’s vitally important to work with a Tazewell work comp attorney throughout this process.
A work comp attorney at Drummond Law will:
- Prove to the courts your injury and need for compensation
- Investigate the ways in which your employer may have acted with negligence causing your workplace injury
- Submit your petition for benefits
- Ensure that all necessary information is included in the petition
- Represent you in front of the various levels of the appellate courts
Hire Our Work Comp Attorneys in Tazewell, IL | Contact Drummond Law
We get that being injured on the job and thus not being able to provide for your family is a troubling experience, and that you have the right to be compensated for your troubles. Since our founding, our mission at Drummond Law has been to help people in Tazewell get the help they need. To speak to our work comp attorneys in Tazewell, IL, for a free case evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.