Work Injury Lawyer in Mt. Olive, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Mt. Olive, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Mt. Olive are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Mt. Olive Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Mt. Olive
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s essential to stay on top of it. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker’s compensation lawyer
Drummond Law’s Mt. Olive, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It is our Mt. Olive, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As we’ve discussed, Drummond Law’s Mt. Olive, IL, work injury attorneys will do everything we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Mt. Olive, IL, work injury lawyers now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Mt. Olive, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, are on your side.