Work Injury Lawyer in Auburn, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Auburn, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Auburn are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Auburn Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 now for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Auburn
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s very important to think ahead. A major step is to document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to a worker’s compensation lawyer
Our Auburn, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It’s our Auburn, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Auburn, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Auburn, IL, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Auburn, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Auburn, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Auburn, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Auburn, IL, are on your side.