Work Injury Lawyer in Litchfield, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Litchfield, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Litchfield are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Litchfield Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Litchfield
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s crucial to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to a work injury lawyer
Our Litchfield, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It is our Litchfield, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this may include the following items:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Litchfield, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Litchfield, IL, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Litchfield, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Litchfield, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Litchfield, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Litchfield, IL, are on your side.