Work Injury Lawyer in Owaneco, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Owaneco, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Owaneco are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Owaneco Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 now for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Owaneco
If you’re ever injured at work, it is very important to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Reach out to a work injury lawyer
Drummond Law’s Owaneco, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It is our Owaneco, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this may include the following items:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Owaneco, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As we’ve discussed, our Owaneco, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Owaneco, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Owaneco, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Owaneco, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Owaneco, IL, are on your side.