Work Injury Lawyer in Kemper, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Kemper, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Kemper are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Kemper Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 now for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Kemper?
If you’ve been injured on the job, it is very important to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This may include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a work injury lawyer
Our Kemper, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It is our Kemper, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this may include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations on work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Kemper, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As we’ve discussed, our Kemper, IL, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Kemper, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Kemper, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Kemper, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is essential to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Kemper, IL, are on your side.