SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO
Social Security lawyers in Saint Peters, MO. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited or no income to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every aspect of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Saint Peters, MO, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and their claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim develops without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Saint Peters, MO, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Saint Peters, MO, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For example, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Saint Peters, MO, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.