SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Adams County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Adams County, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited or no income to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live with peace of mind. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every step of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Adams County, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Adams County, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. In too many cases, people don’t get an attorney involved until it’s too late and their claim was denied.
If you’re disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim develops without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we’ve gained a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Adams County, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the SSA better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Adams County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Adams County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Adams County, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.