SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO
Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, MO. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you require in order to live comfortably. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, MO, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. Many people do not get an attorney involved until it’s too late and the claim is denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have gained a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your situation.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, MO, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, MO, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s not too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, MO, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.