SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Nokomis, IL
Social Security lawyers in Nokomis, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited assets to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live with peace of mind. We know all the regulations, laws, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every aspect of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Nokomis, IL, now. Please contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Nokomis, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. Many people don’t get an attorney involved until it is too late and their claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can make sure the claim develops without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Nokomis, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Nokomis, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Nokomis, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Nokomis, IL, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.