SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Henderson County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Henderson County, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the regulations, laws, and rules within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Henderson County, IL, now. Please contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Henderson County, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. Many people do not get a lawyer involved until it is too late and the claim is denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a complete understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll file an appeal on your behalf as well as represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Henderson County, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Henderson County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For example, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Henderson County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Henderson County, IL, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.