SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Lawrence County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Lawrence County, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live comfortably. We know all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Lawrence County, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Lawrence County, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people do not get a lawyer involved until it is too late and the claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we’ve gained a complete grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll file an appeal on your behalf and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Lawrence County, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of physical or mental impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Lawrence County, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Lawrence County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Lawrence County, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.