SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Mason, IL
Social Security lawyers in Mason, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with as much empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the rules, laws, and regulations within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Mason, IL, now. Please contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Mason, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for Social Security benefits is a confusing and complicated process. In too many cases, people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and their claim was denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a thorough understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will file an appeal on your behalf as well as represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Mason, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Mason, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Mason, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Mason, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.