Workers Comp Lawyer, Auburn, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Auburn, IL. The Auburn, IL, Workers Comp Lawyers at Drummond Law are devoted to fighting for workers compensation victims in IL. Whether you suffered catastrophic back injuries, memory loss, or other severe injuries, our attorneys can make sure that you are protected from your employer and that your claim has the best odds of recovering compensation. If you suffered injuries in a work-related accident and need help recovering compensation for your injuries, call our Auburn Workers Comp Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a no-risk consultation. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also specializes in Social Security Disability assistance.
When you choose Drummond Law to represent your workers’ comp claim in Auburn, you are choosing a firm that has over 40 years of experience, and the resources needed to help you and your family during this challenging time. If you were the victim of a work-related accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Auburn, IL, to defend your case, contact Drummond Law today for a free case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are many different ways that a worker could become injured on the job. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most workplace fatalities are caused in positions involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common work-related injuries include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slip and falls
- Improperly stored or maintained equipment
- Heavy machinery caused injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Lack of security
- Toxic exposure
It’s never a good idea to brush aside work-related injuries, no matter how small they seem. Some injuries, such as whiplash and back pain can be delayed and take weeks to present themselves after an accident. After a work-related accident, even if you think your injuries are minor, it’s essential to document your symptoms and report the accident to your employer. If symptoms last for more than a week after a workplace accident, or your condition worsens, you need to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Auburn, IL, and file a claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp attorneys understand how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident, and are ready to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life.
Workers Compensation Settlements
Workers’ compensation regulations are different in every state. In IL, employees injured at work have two months from the date of an accident to file a worker’s compensation claim. Beyond this time frame, victims, no matter the status of their injuries, forfeit all rights to SSD or SSI benefits. The following are some of the most common recoverable damages for workers compensation injuries:
- Medical Expenses: compensation for medical care associated with work-related injuries. After a work accident, you need to hold on to any medical bills, medication receipts, and other documentation of treatment for your injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL law allows workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will pay for you to study a new trade until you find a suitable job replacement
- Mileage Reimbursement: depending on the severity of your injuries, you might need to visit several treating physicians throughout the workers’ compensation claim process. You can receive reimbursement for mileage in IL
- Pain and Suffering: ongoing mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; distress can be proven with documentation from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you experienced lost wages after a work-related accident, and are having a challenging time being approved for SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Auburn can help you make a strong claim for lost wages attributed to the accident
To maximize the number of damages you can recover, it’s essential to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Auburn, IL, at the first sign of any trouble with your worker’s compensation claim. Drummond Law is committed to making the workers compensation process as seamless as possible for IL workers injured on the job and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your worker’s comp claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Auburn, IL
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, because of heavy equipment or machinery, or due to your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total social security disability benefits depending on the severity of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Auburn are dedicated to helping IL residents navigate the workers’ compensation process and bring a strong claim against your employer for damages.
Workers comp settlements in Auburn, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you are ready to discuss your case with an IL Workers Comp Attorney, call 844-706-7710 or contact Drummond Law today for a risk-free consultation. Our lawyers will do anything in their power to recover social security disability for your workplace injuries.