SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Stark County, IL
Disability lawyers in Stark County, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That is why our country has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Stark County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Stark County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Stark County, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for highly detailed information, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Stark County, IL, involved from the outset to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you’re thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Stark County, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Stark County, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Stark County
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Stark County
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Stark County
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Stark County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Stark County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right information before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Stark County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Stark County, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.