SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Carlinville, IL
Disability lawyers in Carlinville, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That is why our country has provided assistance for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Carlinville, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Carlinville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Carlinville, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for very detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Carlinville, IL, involved from the outset to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Carlinville, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Carlinville, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Carlinville
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Carlinville
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Carlinville
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Carlinville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Carlinville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right information before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Carlinville, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Carlinville, IL, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.