SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Nilwood, IL
Disability lawyers in Nilwood, IL. Nobody should face the challenge of having to provide for themselves when a disability makes it difficult to do so. That is why our country has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Nilwood, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Nilwood, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Nilwood, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires highly detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Nilwood, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Nilwood, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Nilwood, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Nilwood
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Nilwood
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Nilwood
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Nilwood, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Nilwood, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You should not take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Nilwood, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Nilwood, IL, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.