SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Logan, IL
Disability lawyers in Logan, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the United States has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Logan, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Logan, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Logan, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for incredibly detailed info, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Logan, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Logan, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Logan, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Logan
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Logan
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Logan
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Logan, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Logan, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back in your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right beside you to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Logan, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Logan, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.