SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Ramsey, IL
Disability lawyers in Ramsey, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That is why the United States has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Ramsey, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Ramsey, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Ramsey, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires very detailed info, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Ramsey, IL, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you’re thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Ramsey, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Ramsey, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are affected with a disability that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Ramsey
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Ramsey
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Ramsey
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Ramsey, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Ramsey, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Ramsey, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Ramsey, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free case review, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.