SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Rock Island, IL
Disability lawyers in Rock Island, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the government has provided assistance for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Rock Island, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Rock Island, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Rock Island, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires incredibly detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistep you make may result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Rock Island, IL, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Rock Island, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call 800-842-0426 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Rock Island, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you’re affected with a disability that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Rock Island
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Rock Island
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Rock Island
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Rock Island, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Rock Island, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not be discouraged. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Rock Island, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Rock Island, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.