Injury Attorney in Union County, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Union County, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Drummond Law’s team is dedicated to helping victims recover after an accident, whether at work or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, contact Drummond Law’s Union County, IL, injury attorneys now and get the assistance you need at 800-842-0426. Our legal team offers no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it is essential to document everything in order to get proper reimbursement. Do not hesitate to contact Drummond Law today if you or a family member have been involved in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be documented.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Union County, IL
An injury can change your life in an instant. Personal Injury lawyers handle a wide swathe of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Vehicle-Related Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Get in touch with one of our Union County, IL, injury lawyers today to learn more about Drummond Law’s capabilities and legal services if have been disabled or hurt in a vehicle accident, in an everyday situation, or on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews. Our firm specializes in work-related cases.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims
Our injury lawyers in Union County, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight your case and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are in an accident. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, it can turn into a lasting condition with major implications. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Below are a few of the financial damages we consider for a personal injury claim:
- Medical Bills: Typically, insurers cover partial to full medical care. This may include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Depending on what state you’re in, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and usually don’t add up to much in the reimbursement total.
- Lost Income: If you can’t work because of an injury after a vehicle accident, for example, you may be able to recover losses for lost wages. All financial implications of an injury are considered.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Union County, IL, victims and their families collect all of the information they need to fight a claim. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Union County, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your claim.
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
If you call, we will listen. Since, 1976, Drummon Law has helped victims get the reimbursement they deserve. This includes Union County, IL, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Union County
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s crucial to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Talk to Drummond Law’s Union County, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Our Union County, IL, injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work or support your family due to an injury. Contact our firm now to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Drummond Law’s injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies can be challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to employ many tricky tactics to avoid paying out any more than they have to. It can be difficult to successfully negotiate with them unless you are familiar with their ploys. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer has worked with numerous accident cases and will know what to do. Our Union County, IL, injury lawyers know what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is difficult for a layperson to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Do not be nervous about reaching out to our attorneys. Drummond Law is here to help. Call us now if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Union County, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.