Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Springfield, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Springfield, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is critical that you contact our Springfield, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Springfield, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Springfield, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Springfield, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to get vocational education in order to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Springfield, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Springfield, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Springfield, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Springfield, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s workers compensation attorneys in Springfield, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.