Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Corner, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Corner, IL. Our firm offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is critical that you contact Drummond Law’s Corner, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Corner, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Corner, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Corner, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation works differently in various states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies offers vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to get vocational education to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Corner, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Corner, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Corner, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Corner, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp attorneys in Corner, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.