Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Honey Bend, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Honey Bend, IL. Our firm offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is critical that you contact our Honey Bend, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Honey Bend, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Honey Bend, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Honey Bend, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have an opportunity to get vocational education to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Work Comp Claim in Honey Bend, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Honey Bend, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Honey Bend, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Honey Bend, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Honey Bend, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.