Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in Shipman, IL
Disability lawyer in Shipman, IL. If you can’t work, we can help. Having a disability is already challenging enough, which is why we believe that getting legal help shouldn’t be. From the initial Social Security Disability application to the appeals process and beyond, an experienced disability lawyer at Drummond Law will be able to effectively present your case to the SSA with the best chance at approval.
If you have a medical condition or injury that prevents you from living a healthy, productive life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to be able to assist the most vulnerable members of our community because we care about making a difference in their lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in Shipman, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.
How the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in Shipman, IL, Can Help
If you are not able to make a living because of a disability, the burden of how you’re going to pay your bills can wear you down. We understand this strain on your physical and mental impairment in addition to the emotional stress that comes with filing for SSDI benefits on top of that. Because your financial future and stability depend upon Social Security, you simply cannot take any chances when filling out the initial SSD application or during an appeals process. Let us help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Manage all aspects of filing your SSD claim for you
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Help you avoid making mistakes that lead to a wrongful denial
- Gather and submit all pertinent medical documentation
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give you personalized attention
If you want to see if you qualify, file an SSD claim, or appeal a denial, you should not go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in Shipman, IL, now.
Filing an SSD Claim in Shipman, IL
People often underestimate the overwhelming amount of paperwork involved with filing for Social Security, and there are many areas in which you can make a mistake that negates your claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We manage every portion of preparing a complete and thorough application, giving you the highest chance of success and saving you a tremendous amount of time and effort down the line.
Social Security has its own separate legal system, courts, and judges that complicate the process. You are required to show documentation that demonstrates the severity of your condition, the associated treatments, the side effects, and your prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather this documentation but submit everything properly.
We work side-by-side with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will get to know our Social Security Disability lawyers personally as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step you should take is finding out if you are eligible. While Social Security Disability may be available to millions of people, being disabled doesn’t automatically mean you qualify.
You qualify for Social Security Disability if you:
- Are disabled – According to the Social Security Administration, a disability is the inability to do the work you did before because of a physical or mental impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying conditions and disabilities include arthritis, clinical depression, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, lupus, spinal injuries, and more.
- Worked in a job covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI does not cover all positions and companies. You may find out if you’re covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to earn an adequate amount of work credits – You gain a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For instance, people aged 62 and older need a minimum of 40 work credits with at least 20 of those earned during the past 10 years. Younger people may still be able to qualify for SSD even with fewer credits.
The monthly payment amount you may receive is different for every individual and varies from one year to the next. Most Social Security recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 per month.
The SSA uses a complex weighted formula that takes into account many factors in order to calculate benefits; in turn, the ultimate amount depends upon your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in Shipman, IL, to find out how much your payment amount might be valued.
Denied Social Security Disability: What To Do
At Drummond Law, our lawyers understand the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have on you and anyone who depends on you.
If you’ve been wrongfully denied SSDI benefits, do not give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they don’t know how to effectively explain the nature and extent of their disability alone. One of our disability lawyers can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. From there, our help is valuable at every stage of the appeal process, including if a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for the judge’s questions and elicit helpful testimonies from medical experts to demonstrate your need for benefits.
Once again, if you have been denied Social Security benefits, get in touch with a disability lawyer in Shipman, IL, as soon as possible! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are disabled and considering applying for SSD benefits or have already applied and had your application denied, you should contact Drummond Law today!
In over 10,000 cases won over the last five decades, the team at Drummond Law have been helping individuals across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live productive, comfortable, and happy lives. To get the help of a disability lawyer in Shipman, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.