Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in Brighton, IL
Disability lawyer in Brighton, IL. If you or a loved one cannot work, we can help. Life with a disabling condition has many challenges, but getting the benefits and legal help you need shouldn’t be one of them. From the initial Social Security Disability application to the hearing level and beyond, an experienced disability lawyer at Drummond Law will be able to effectively present your case to the SSA with the best chance at approval.
If you are suffering from an injury or medical condition that prevents you from leading a healthy, productive life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to work with the most vulnerable members of our community because we want to make a difference in their lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in Brighton, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.
How the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in Brighton, IL, Can Help
If you are unable to make a living due to a disability, the stress of how you’re going to pay for your living essentials can be unbearable. We understand this strain on your mental and physical impairment in addition to the mental headache that comes with filing for SSDI benefits on top of that. Because your financial future and stability depend upon Social Security, you simply cannot take any chances when filling out the initial SSD application or during an appeals process. Let us help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Handle filing an SSD claim on your behalf
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Help you avoid making mistakes that lead to a wrongful denial
- Gather and submit all pertinent medical documentation
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give your case personalized attention
If you want to find out if you are eligible, get help filing a claim, or appeal a denial, you should never go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in Brighton, IL, now.
Filing a Social Security Disability Claim in Brighton, IL
Many individuals do not understand the complicated claim process and therefore they might make a fatal mistake that negates or jeopardizes their claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We manage every portion of preparing a thorough and complete application, giving you the highest chance of success and saving you a tremendous amount of effort and time down the line.
Social Security has its own separate courts, judges, and overall legal system that complicate the process. You are required to show documentation that demonstrates the severity of your conditions, the symptoms, the treatments, the side effects, and your future prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather this documentation but submit everything properly.
We will work closely with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will get to know our Social Security Disability lawyers personally as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step to filing a claim is to find out if you qualify. Social Security Disability is a safety net for millions of people, but just because you are disabled doesn’t mean you qualify.
You qualify for Social Security Disability if you:
- Have a disability – According to the Social Security Administration, a disability is the inability to do meaningful work because of a physical or mental impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying disabilities and conditions include clinical depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and spinal injuries or disorders.
- Worked in a job covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI does not cover all positions and companies. You can find out if you are covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to earn an adequate amount of work credits – You earn a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For example, individuals older than 62-years-old must have a minimum of 40 credits and 20 of those must be built up over the last 10 years. Younger workers can achieve eligibility with fewer credits.
The monthly payment amount you may receive is different for every individual and varies from one year to the next. Many Social Security recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 per month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in Brighton, IL, to find out how much your payment amount might be valued.
What to Do if You Have Been Denied SSD Benefits
At Drummond Law, we know the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have on you and anyone who depends on you.
If you have been wrongfully denied Social Security benefits, you shouldn’t give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they don’t know how to effectively explain the nature and extent of their disability alone. A disability lawyer can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. From there, our help is valuable at every stage of the appeal process, including if a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for the judge’s questions and elicit helpful testimonies from medical experts to demonstrate your need for benefits.
Once again, if you have been denied SSD benefits, reach out to a disability lawyer in Brighton, IL, as soon as you can! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are disabled and considering applying for SSD benefits or have already applied and had your application denied, you should contact Drummond Law now!
In over 10,000 cases won over the last five decades, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live productive, comfortable, and happy lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in Brighton, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.