Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in Ramsey, IL
Disability lawyer in Ramsey, IL. If you or a loved one cannot work, we can help. Life with a disabling condition has many challenges, but getting the benefits and legal help you need shouldn’t be one of them. From filing the first Social Security Disability application to the appeals process and beyond, a skilled disability lawyer at Drummond Law will be able to effectively present your case to the SSA with the best chance at approval.
If you have a medical condition or injury that prevents you from leading a productive and healthy life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to be able to assist disabled members of our society because we want to make a difference in their lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in Ramsey, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.
How the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in Ramsey, IL, Can Help
If you are not able to make a living due to a disability, the burden of how you’re going to pay for your living essentials can wear you down. We understand this strain on your mental and physical impairment in addition to the mental headache that comes with filing for SSDI benefits on top of that. You do not want to take any chances when filling out the application because your stability and financial future depend upon getting benefits from Social Security. We want to help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Manage all aspects of filing your SSD claim for you
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Help you avoid making mistakes that lead to a wrongful denial
- Gather all medical documents on your behalf
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give you customized attention
If you want to see if you qualify, file an SSD claim, or appeal a denial, you should never go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in Ramsey, IL, now.
How to File a Social Security Disability Claim in Ramsey, IL
People often underestimate the overwhelming amount of paperwork involved with filing for Social Security, and there are many areas in which you can make a mistake that negates your claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We manage every portion of preparing a complete and thorough application, giving you the highest chance of success and saving you a tremendous amount of time and effort down the line.
Social Security has its own separate courts, judges, and overall legal system that complicate the process. You are required to show documentation that demonstrates the symptoms of your conditions, their severity, the side effects, the treatments, and your future prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather these items but submit them in the proper fashion.
We work side-by-side with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will get to know our Social Security Disability lawyers personally as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step you should take is finding out if you are eligible. Social Security Disability is a safety net for millions of people, but just because you are disabled doesn’t mean you qualify.
You become eligible for SSD if you:
- Have a disability – According to the Social Security Administration, a disability is the inability to do the work you did before because of a mental or physical impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying disabilities and conditions include arthritis, clinical depression, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, lupus, spinal injuries, and more.
- Worked in a position covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI does not cover all positions and companies. You may find out if you are covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to build up a sufficient amount of work credits – You gain a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For instance, people aged 62 and older need a minimum of 40 work credits with at least 20 of those earned during the past 10 years. Younger people may still be able to qualify for SSD even with fewer credits.
The amount of money you will receive on a monthly basis is unique for every individual and varies from year-to-year. Most SSDI recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 in a month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in Ramsey, IL, to find out how much your monthly payment might be valued.
What to Do if You Have Been Denied SSD Benefits
At Drummond Law, our lawyers know the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have on you and anyone who depends on you.
If you have been wrongfully denied Social Security benefits, do not give up. Most people are denied the first time around because they have difficulty explaining the extent and nature of their disability alone. A disability lawyer can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. From there, our help is valuable at every stage of the appeal process, including if a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for every turn.
Once again, if you’ve been denied SSD benefits, get in touch with a disability lawyer in Ramsey, IL, as soon as you can! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are thinking of submitting an SSD claim or have been denied, you should contact Drummond Law today!
Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people in Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live happy, productive, and comfortable lives. To learn more from a disability lawyer in Ramsey, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.